Note that half of the US population over the age of 50 suffer from hemorrhoids. (A French over fifty two suffered hemorrhoids) Hemorrhoids is a disease caused by the swelling of the veins around the anus due to excessive pressure. However, if they are detected early, hemorrhoids can be cured completely. Thus, a visit to a doctor as soon as you feel pain or bleeding during bowel movements is important to recover from the disease completely.
The occurrence of hemorrhoids is similar to that of small logs sticking out of the anus. Their number, size and shape can vary from one person to another. It can be in the form of a cluster. Hemorrhoids treatment depends on the type of hemorrhoids which an individual is reached.
The main causes of hemorrhoids:
Hemorrhoids develop when the saddle is abnormal and that the person with the disease is found forced to finish. This is usually the case for people suffering from constipation. In addition :
- Pregnancy can lead to hemorrhoids when pressure builds up in the lining of the rectum due to the growth of fetal weight. Treat hemorrhoids during pregnancy !
- Hemorrhoids can also be caused by anal intercourse,
- Prolonged sitting
- A sedentary lifestyle,
- Lifting heavy weights,
- The anal or rectal infection
- A diet low in fiber.
Other common causes of hemorrhoids developing diarrhea include genetics and age. Pain and bleeding during defecation and burning are some of the common symptoms of hemorrhoids. A doctor can perform a visual examination of the anus or rectum diagnose the disease. Many doctors use a lighted tube called anoscopy to conduct an internal review of the anal canal.
Signs of hemorrhoids:
- Itching, burns, pain
- Bleeding during defecation
- Irritation, swelling, inflammation
Hemorrhoids are basically of three types :
- External Hemorrhoids : The easiest way to diagnose moreover, external hemorrhoids look like a small bulge. The veins swell leading to pain in the rectal area, which is the main symptom of this type of hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoid is also characterized by clear signs of blood.
- Internal hemorrhoids: They are characterized by swelling and inflammation of internal veins. People with this type of hemorrhoid bleeding during defecation. These thrombosed hemorrhoids caused a blood clot and severe pain and a burning sensation.
- Bleeding hemorrhoids : Considered the worst form of hemorrhoids, bleeding hemorrhoids can be internal or external. The main symptom of ‘ bleeding hemorrhoids bright red blood in the stool. In some cases, blood loss can be so strong that the patient may suffer from anemia.
The strategies that allow you to get rid of hemorrhoids:
- Preventive measures: Get used to choose a diet rich in fiber because it is a natural therapy. These approaches are very effective in treating all kinds of hemorrhoids.
- Photo Infrared coagulation: This uses infrared heat to treat small internal hemorrhoids. This technique is less unpleasant than other strategies, but it is also not always productive and successful.
- Sclerotherapy: This method requires the injection of hemorrhoids to shrink.
- Laser: This is a recommended therapy by doctors but it is not natural.
- Ligation: small rubber bands are used for attaching the base of the hemorrhoid . They stand out quickly and can be eradicated physics during normal bowel movement.
- Surgery: This is sometimes used as a last resort when all other techniques fail.
When you need to see a doctor?
- Each type of hemorrhoids need medical care. During the initial stages, people can take precautions and try some home remedies to cure the problem and alleviate the symptoms. These remedies include a sitz bath for 15 minutes, three times a day, an increased intake of fibrous food, stool softeners, avoiding lifting heavy weights, application of ointments and regular exercise. However, if the problem persists or increases in intensity, you need to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- As mentioned above, bleeding is one of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids. However, abnormal bleeding is an alarm for emergency medical care. Note that rectal bleeding can also be a cause of cancer.
- People who feel weakness and dizziness may suffer a considerable loss of blood, which requires emergency medical care.
- If patients experience abdominal pain visit the doctor is urgent.
- If the hemorrhoid prolapse is not able to be pushed through the anal canal, patients must resort to medical care urgently.